On this page you will find regularly updated information regarding Covid-19. You can check here to find out whether chiropractors are open and what precautions need to be taken before making an appointment.
Although Gloucester is experiencing another lockdown, we are open.
As regulated healthcare professionals, chiropractors have been informed that they should remain open. By doing so chiropractors provide a viable alternative GP and hospital appointments, and so reduce strain on the NHS.
Patients are allowed to travel for chiropractic appointments. This includes new patients who have not been to the clinic before.
There are some changes that affect patients of Gloucester Chiropractors:
- Patients must wear face coverings at all times whilst in the practice, unless medically exempt.
- We are not asking patients to change into clinic gowns – please wear appropriate clothing for examination and treatment.
- Patients are being asked to wait outside the building. Your chiropractor will collect you for your appointment.
- The patient toilet is closed at present.
- Patients are being asked not to bring possessions into the clinic.
- Patients are being asked to attend the clinic alone where possible.
- If you are at increased risk from Covid-19, please inform the clinic when booking.
We take your health seriously. Our chiropractors are wearing PPE and are washing hands between appointments. They are sanitising the treatment room, furniture and equipment after each appointment.
Appointments are being spaced out to allow proper cleaning and to assist social distancing.
Where a face-to-face appointment is not appropriate, or not desired, our chiropractors can provide video appointments.
These allow discussion of your problem and a degree of physical exam, and are sufficient in most cases for our chiropractors to provide you with a diagnosis, options for treatment and self-care advice.
Video appointments are also very effective for providing rehabilitative exercises.